Technical Business Analyst (SQL) - Manchester City Centre
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Business Analyst with SQL experience to join a fast paced and established financial services / asset management business with central Manchester city centre offices.
We are looking for a technically minded Business Analyst who can translate business requirements into clear technical requirements with SQL capability, to join the business as they build out they new Tech Hub in the heart of Manchester. This strategic initiative is being set up with a mission to digitise our investment process and will be critical to their technology transformation.
As we are looking for a hybrid role with business analysis and SQL skills we have broken down the skills required in the role:
- Skill in collecting and interpreting data, analysing results to identify patterns and trends in structured and unstructured data sets.
- Ability to apply suitable analytical approaches to requirements discovery, documentation and solution delivery.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management experience with the ability to effectively communicate at a level and depth appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrable experience of gathering requests and technical specifications.
- Experience working in Agile delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban.
- Ability to review and advise on suitable changes to streamline processes, while identifying actual rather than perceived pain points.
- Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development.
- Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, TDD/BDD/ATDD.
- Programming as part of a team and performing peer code reviews.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence to solve problems.