Our client is a leading and rapidly growing long-term life insurer offering insurance and insurance on fixed-rate annuity and life insurance contracts. In addition, the company has established a successful track record of acquiring companies and blocks of business, which will continue to be a significant driver of company growth.
In this role you will have an opportunity to join a high performing investment accounting team and be involved with GAAP and Statutory reporting, drive process improvements and automation, enhance the control environment and be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting activities. In addition, you will be a business partner with the 3rd party asset manager to ensure accurate, timely and efficient data is provided on a daily basis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Company's third party accounting service providers to ensure accounting and reporting of investments is performed accurately and timely.
- Prepare journal entries related to cash and investments.
- Prepare investment accounting reports as needed to support finance, actuarial, tax, and investment department needs.
- Perform reconciliations of monthly ledger balances back to sub-ledger systems.
- Assist with preparing Statutory and GAAP quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Assist with requests from auditors and/or state examiners.
- Assist with a conversion of the investment accounting platform from one investment accounting system to a newly selected
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of various investment types including bonds, mortgage loans, derivatives and limited partnerships.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust quickly in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to change priorities to meet critical deadlines.
- Position requires proficiency and accuracy in using computer system databases.
- MS Word and Excel spreadsheet skills are required.