Responsible for providing credit research and investment analysis on Asian credits and assist CIO to manage Asian USD fixed income portfolio. In addition, he/she will be involved in all other investment related projects, investment admin and reporting functions.
- Analysis and monitoring of the industry, business and financial risks for companies and banks to support investment decisions;
- Assist CIO to manage Asian fixed income portfolio to achieve the objective of meeting the investment return and risk tolerance;
- Recommendation for top-down relative value assessment, rating and sector allocation as well as portfolio construction. Generating and implement trade ideas for the portfolio;
- Monitor investment portfolio positions, follow-up on outstanding issues and attend regular meetings/teleconferences with brokers/issuers/rating agencies;
- Defining and developing the credit investment process, producing systems and models to analyse and to monitor corporate credits and market developments;
- Preparing investment management reports and board papers for management meetings as required;
- Assist in other investment-related projects/platforms such as front office system, risk management or any other responsibilities as required by management;
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Work Experience
- Team player;
- Strong quantitative & analytic skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with both internal and external parties;
- Able to work independently under minimum supervision;
- Able to work under pressure with strong drive to succeed and open minded; and
- Able to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Minimum University degree in Economics or its equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years experience in related industry experience including sell side and buy side firms and credit rating agency;
- Experience with in-depth credit analysis; and
- CFA and CFA candidate will be an added advantage.