Do you want to join a strong, stable organisation with exciting growth plans and a true multinational, multi-cultural environment? Then this might be the role for you. This organisation's Global Accounting and Reporting team is looking for a Senior Accounting and Reporting Specialist.
The Senior Accounting and Reporting Specialist plays a leading role in safeguarding the overall quality of the organisations reporting process, both externally and internally.
You will pro-actively identify, investigate and solve potential accounting issues and/or operational improvements together with local accounting departments to ensure reporting is in line with the organisations accounting policies. Furthermore, you will play a fundamental role in building and maintaining strong relationships with the organisations local accounting teams all over the world to ensure overall high quality of reporting
- Ensures the organisation complies with IFRS and other regulatory requirements regarding financial reporting
- Performs analytical reviews at a consolidated level to gain a high-level understanding of the consolidated figures, manages follow-up as needed
- Performs detailed reviews on an individual entity and/or account level to verify accounting treatment is in line with the accounting policies, manages follow-up as needed
- Drives resolution of ad-hoc accounting topics that arise; manages discussions in background with local accounting teams, analyzes the accounting topic, prepares guidance and ensures accounting is done in line with the accounting policies
- Pro-actively searches for ways to improve, streamline and standardize tasks and/or processes
- Supports in the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process (consolidation, analysis, accounting checks, compilation of and review of different financial reports etc.)
With a Bachelor or Master degree in accounting, finance or economics, you will have strong analytical skills and attention to detail. A natural communicator, you will be comfortable to interact with local accounting teams, business, functional and industry controllers and business stakeholders.
Additionally you will have:
- +/- 5 years of relevant working experience, experience from a Big Four auditing company is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Strong understanding of Excel and enthusiastic to learn new technical skills (e.g. Hyperion Financial Management, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with and comfort working in a multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage
Does that sound like you?