My client needs a qualified actuary with pricing experience to join their protection pricing team for 9 months to support.
The successful candidate will be working with Critical Illness, Guaranteed Acceptance Whole of Life and Term Assurance business lines and the work includes pricing product changes, analysing experience results and working out pricing impacts of assumption changes.
Your responsiblities include:
- Support all aspects of pricing work for existing / new business
- Act as a technical specialist within the team for the pricing of Protection business.
- Propose and set subjective pricing assumptions.
- Contribute to the team's ongoing drive to improve processes to ensure we are the most efficient and competitive we can be
Applicants will ideally have:
- At least 1-2 years' post-qualification experience
- Significant experience in the UK Protection market.
- Meaningful exposure in a relevant Pricing role with knowledge of pricing processes, assumption setting and modelling.
- Reinsurance pricing
- Ability to propose and set subjective pricing assumptions.
- Confidence and diplomacy to challenge peers and manage upwards
- Effectively taking care of stakeholders from a variety of technical backgrounds and levels of seniority
- Ability to build an understanding of internal and external client strategy and needs
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technical issues quickly, and communicate them effectively to colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to offer judgement calls
- A great teammate who will step up and take ownership when required
- Good organisational and planning skills with capability to think laterally as well as logically
- Digital literacy, particularly in Microsoft Excel & Word skills, Basic VBA or similar programming with an ability to adapt to internal tools and systems.
An attractive package is available for this role and the successful candidate can be based remotely.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to discuss further.