Project Manager (contract until 31 Dec 2021) for an leading insurer
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the overall management of the IFRS 17 project and ensure timely delivery within budget. In the process, you will manage the external consultants and vendors and ensure that all deliverable are met in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure that the setup of the company's Project Management Office (PMO) structure is properly defined with clear roles and responsibilities to deliver the project on time and within budget
- Manage and monitor the external consultants and vendors to ensure that deliverable and deadlines are met and are in accordance with the contract and the company's objectives
- Coordinate across work streams (business units and regional levels), external consultants, Technical Review Committee and Steering Committee
- Ensure that the contracts with external consultants and vendors meet the company's objectives and requirements, and that all legal, PDPA, and regulatory compliance issues are met and addressed. Monitor contract compliance throughout the project.
- Resolve issues with consultants, vendors, and work streams, and suggest solutions
- Prepare regular updates/reports to Project Owner, Technical Review Committee and Steering Committee
- Adhoc project assignments
- Degree holder preferably in Accountancy, Finance and/or any other related fields
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project management
- Strong ability in negotiation and senior stakeholder management
- Experience in finance and/or IFRS 17 will be an advantage
- Understanding of insurance technical accounting and business issues and knowledge in insurance finance operations and accounting will be an advantage