This is an excellent role for a part-qualified individual, as you will not only have the option to work on both actuarial & investment clients, you'll also have opportunities to work on member options & risk transfer projects with the option to specialise as your career develops.
Day to day, you will be working as part of the Wealth Analytical Services team to develop and deliver customised advice and solutions to their wide range of clients (trustee and corporates) with a primary focus on DB pension schemes.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Working on complex defined benefit modelling and GMP equalisation using advanced actuarial skills and techniques, specialising in complex UK pension solutions
- Carrying out non-standard scheme benefit calculations, and involvement in wider actuarial work including GMP equalisation and conversion calculations.
- Educated to degree level in a numerical or semi-numerical degree
- Be making solid progress towards your actuarial exams
- Experience of working in a UK pensions consultancy with an awareness of current pension issues and how these impact clients
- A strong communicator with strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills
This is not just a broad and varied role in terms of day to day responsibility, but there is also scope to move across other service lines in the future or relocate internationally through their Global rotation programme.
Our client provides exceptional training and you will gain Exposure to a wide range of services with an abundance of career enhancing opportunities. This business operates a meritocracy, promoting based on performance rather than time served.
You will have full study support in order to undertake your actuarial examinations.
For further details or for a confidential discuss around how your role compares in the market, please do not hesitate to reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 020 3861 9181.