An excellent opportunity for a nearly qualified Non-Life Actuary to further their career in a fast track, focused manner, within a global and well-respected reinsurer...
European Group Senior Actuarial Analyst (Non-Life)
Oliver James is representing our global reinsurance client in their search to appoint a Group Non-Life Senior Actuarial Actuary. As part of the Group team within the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function, the job holder will support the Solvency II quarterly process ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner for the group's European Legal Entities.
Key elements of the role include:
- Support the calculation of the Claims and Premium provision for both legal entities.
- Support the reporting process and the QRTs production.
- Support the production of the Non-Life Underwriting Risk SCR.
- Enhance the current process focusing on automatization.
- Support the Head of Actuarial function in the production of the ARTP and the Underwriting, Retrocession, and ORSA Opinions.
- As part of the second line of defense support the peer review of the work done by the first line team taking part in meeting with finance, pricing, underwriting, and claims.
- Support internal and external audit activities.
- Maintain and enhance the documentation of processes, procedures, internal policies, and methodologies.
- Improving current data governance enhancing the data quality process and framework.
- Finally, the job holder will also participate in selected international projects led by Group.
The ideal candidate
As a Group Actuary in the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function team your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- At least 3 years working experience in non-life insurance or reinsurance with a preference for candidates with a detailed technical knowledge of reserving and Solvency II.
- The ideal candidate will be close to qualifying the Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA), Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuary Society (ACAS/FCAS), Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (ASA/FSA) designation or equivalent designations recognized by the Central bank of Ireland (CBI)
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in English.
- Ability to work under pressure within prescribed deadlines.
- High motivation, team-orientation, and adaptability.
- Strong programming (i.e., VBA, R, Python) and data management skills including the ability to make the best use of most recent technologies (i.e., Power Pivot & Power BI) to improve reporting automatization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop and translate new ideas into effective business solutions.
Our client offers a strongly defined and achievable career path, an international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists, and are exposed to multiple sections of their business. Alongside a flexible working pattern, with a strong base salary and benefits structure.
For more information apply via the link.