Senior AWS Software Engineer - Norwalk - Investment Management - FTE
My client, the no1 Hedge Fund business globally, is looking for a highly qualified AWS Software Engineer.
Here are the details:
The Investment Engine Technology team at engineers' systems to understand the world. These systems synthesize and industrialize our global understanding into a hive mind of macroeconomic knowledge which enables us to educate and collaborate with the world's most influential central banks and policy makers and carefully and strategically manage the world's most important capital. Our technologists are engineering highly available, high performing and highly secure cloud platforms and infrastructure which support and scale our investing operations.
The goal of the Research department is to fundamentally understand how the global economy works. Embedded within the Research department is a uniquely talented team that builds the tools that allow our macro economists to conduct their research and understand the world's economies at a level we believe no other firm is capable of. These tools tackle problems from data ingestion and storage, to data visualization to signal creation. In order to achieve this goal, we require a first-rate development ecosystem as part of our hybrid cloud platform. Thus, we're investing in building an AWS-specific engineering team. This investment will allow us to deepen and broaden our AWS environment, its' management/governance, and capabilities.
The Amazon Web Services Senior Software Engineer will be architecting and developing our large-scale, highly complex and highly secure AWS environment, which supports our Investment Engineering platforms. You will be designing, building and creating new tools coding approximately 80% of your time, leading other engineers' efforts and delivering robust, scalable, highly secure and state-of-the-art solutions. Our demand for AWS has grown and you will be part of a newly built-out AWS engineering team to enhance, govern and manage our firms' usage of the AWS platform.
- Enterprise Amazon Web Services (AWS) domain management experience
- Excellent Software Engineering, Computer Science and DevOps Engineering fundamentals, principles and best practices
- Demonstrated experience building high-performance software applications
- Expert knowledge of at least one programming language (Java, Python, C/C++, Scala, Ruby, etc.)
- Strategic thinking, complex problem solving and analytical capabilities
- The ability to mentor and develop junior engineers
- A degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering)
If interested please respond with an updated resume.