Our client is a publicly traded, Fortune 500 insurance conglomerate. With almost 20 billion of assets under management, this American insurance provider provides commercial and personal insurance across the nation.
In the past five years, this client has gone through considerable growth, the stock price has tripled, revenue has tripled, and the business is hiring extensively to facilitate expected future expansion. Additionally, the Corporate M&A team have a successful track record of acquiring companies and blocks of business, which continue to contribute significantly to the company's expansion.
This is an exciting new role reporting into Group Controller, having oversight of two teams focusing on Financial Reporting, Accounting and Project work for their P&C and Life insurance segments. This is a fantastic role for a proven leader who is looking to greatly expand their knowledge within a multi-faceted insurance company.
- Lead responsibility for quarterly and annual US GAAP and Statutory Reporting;
- Prepare annual statutory filings (MD&A and Audited Financial Statements);
- Oversight of all monthly and quarterly financial reporting and various operational aspects of reinsurance transactions;
- Consolidate company operating information for internal and external financial reporting;
- Provide quarterly analysis of financial results;
- Coordinate between finance, actuarial, M&A, and legal departments;
- Create and implement process for oversight of reinsurance transactions;
- Manage the implementation, documentation, and maintenance of appropriate processes and controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Create and implement a strategic vision to automate and streamline financial reporting in US and operational processes;
- Manage relationships with and deliverables to internal and external auditors and third party cedants.
Education and/or Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, plus an MBA and/or CPA qualified.
- 10+ years of experience working in insurance industry;
- Expert in life, P&C and/or health insurance and financial accounting under US GAAP, Statutory and SEC filing;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel required;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining effective internal controls;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees;
- Ability to adapt to frequent change;
- Ability to take ownership of situations and bring them to a resolution;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Willingness to work overtime when required to meet deadlines; and
- Organized and has good attention to detail.
An amazing compensation package on offer, with employee share schemes, competitive 401k match and remote working.
About Oliver James:
Oliver James is a global recruitment firm that focuses specifically on the insurance market, we come highly recommended as an executive partner in the North American market. Founded in 2002, we have a global head count of 450 recruitment consultants across 30 operating countries.
If you would like to hear more about this role or discuss the market in general, please apply using the prompts provided or email your contact information to Chris Dodds using the email: Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org